Facts, Figures and Information on Indigenous People
- Indigenous people population 37.2 percent of total national population.
- Only 14 percent Indigenous people are in the civil service.
- 216 Indigenous CA members in the Constitution Assembly.
- Majority of 13,000 people killed during 10 years of Maoist Movement are indigenous people.
- 65 percent of ancestral land of indigenous people are occupied by national park and conservation and forced majority of indigenous people to migrate else where.
- Majority of Nepalese migrated abroad are indigenous youths.
- Majority of soldiers serving in India, UK and other countries are indigenous people.
- Majority girls sold for the prostitution are indigenous.
- Majority of school drop out are indigenous students
- Majority of prisoners are indigenous people.
- Many indigenous sale their kidney and blood to buy foods for the family.
- The word “Indigenous/Aadivasi” is not mentioned in any of the text books, in the past 5 constitution of Nepal, history books and museum in Nepal.
- There are public holidays in the name of dog, cow and crow but there are no public holidays for many indigenous festivals.
- Many Indigenous people eating the beef meat are jailed for 10 years alleged of killing cow and ox because cow is national animal of Nepal. But Bahun and Chhetri owner of restaurants freely sale beef steak and no legal action is taken against them.
- Police and army celebrate Hindu festivals such as Dasai, Tiahar, Basanta Panchami spending million of rupees from national revenue.
- Buddhist indigenous soldiers are forced to worship Hindu religion in police and army barracks.
- Spends over 200 millions rupees to preserve dead sanskrit language. No sufficient but budget to print indigenous language text books and hire teachers to teach indigenous language.
- Bhote Indigenous people of Bajura District including many indigenous in the far west of Nepal are forced to take citizenship with Brahman and Chhetri identity.
- Raaji, Kusunda and Tharu are still working as slavery and bounded labors. No change in the living standard.
Definition of IndigenousDefinition of Indigenous
Indigenous People of NepalFacts, Figures and Information on Indigenous People
ClassificationCategorization of Indigenous People based on development
Geographical ClassificationGeographical Categorization
आदिवासी गित सुन्न यहाँ क्लिक गर्नुहोस । यो गित तपाईंको कम्प्युटरमा सेभ गर्न राइट क्लिक गरेर Save Target As.. (Or Save Link As)गर्नुहोस ।